Conditions"All disease begins in the gut." — Hippocrates
Dr. King specializes in re-building digestive health. She commonly treats the following gastrointestinal disorders using natural therapies.
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth - SIBO
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome - IBS
- Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease - GERD
- Leaky Gut
- Candida and Parasites
- Food intolerances/sensitivities
- Dysbiosis - Microbiota imbalances
- Large Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth - LIBO
- Gallbladder disorders
- IBD - Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis
Gut health has a profound impact on the brain, the skin, the immune system, the joints, and muscles. Poor digestion and an imbalanced microbiota have been implicated in everything from Autoimmunity, Weight and Mood Disorders to Alzheimer's and Heart disease. The entire body is affected by the gut. This makes healthy digestion THE foundation for good health. Unfortunately, the realities of modern life can wreak havoc on the digestive tract. The birth process, antibiotics, chemicals, processed food, poor diet, and stress can all affect the microbiota and consequently digestion and our ability to detoxify. Treating the digestive process from "gum to bum" is important for vibrant health and the prevention of chronic disease.